New Ultra Low Shipping Rates
& Free Shipping Over £100
Some nice grayling caught on Sunday, most to a Grayling Slayer. Microlite GT 10' 4 weight is incredibly versatile for dry fly or various nymphing methods.
I’ve been using this rod for about a month & have been very impressed with its performance. Here is a list of what I like about it:
• It has a crisp but progressive action that does several things. It effectively casts a wide range of line weights from a 0.55mm diameter micronymph line to a 4 weight. It is forgiving enough to give good protection to light tippets (0.10mm/7x)
• The stand-off single leg rings hold the wet line off the blank which improves casting distance
• The matt black finish helps to reduce the risk of spooking fish
• The super-slim quality cork handle is very comfortable & not excessively long
• The high quality down-locking reel seat & light-weight blank & fittings help with the rod balance when Euronymphing
In my opinion this is not a rod for bullying big fish whilst using heavy tippets, or for fishing big streamers. It is also not a rod for casting huge distances, but it is capable of casting just a 20’ leader in calm conditions, whilst performing well at all normal casting distances. It is a rod for finesse-fishing, perfect for dry fly work with 5x to 8x tippets & for Euronymphing. So far I have landed wild brown trout up to 3lb 7oz with it & this rod bends right down to the butt whilst playing these big fish, absorbing all of their plunges & surges.
Also nach bisher 3 Tagen angeln mit der Rute ist sie mein Liebling. Die Rute lädt sich mit etwas Schwung gut auf. Ich hab bei Wind und Hindernissen erstmal nur 15 Meter geworfen. Hat funktioniert und eine 3 kg Lachsforelle auf Wurmimitat gebracht. Es gab keine Probleme. Nur den Zoll nach Deutschland musste ich Zahlen!