- California Glass & Volition #4-#8
Use Straight 'n' Soft tapered leaders. They are the only leaders on the market that don't coil. They aren't shiny and they lay dead straight. They are a dull matt grey colour at the butt section and clear at the front.
Typical 3 fly setup for stillwaters
- Volition 10' #7
- Short Head #7 Float
- Attach leader to welded loop on fly line
18' total leader length consisting of;
Onto the end of the tapered leader tie;
- 9' level Hybrid
- Use a 3 Turn Water knot
2 droppers 3' apart
- Top dropper sz 12 red head girdle bug
- Middle dropper sz 14 buzzer
- Point fly sz 12 white booby
Use Hybrid. Designed for World competitors, it's fluorocarbon coated mono that doesn't get weaker when wet. Wet knot strength is the variable competitors look for.