Straight 'n' Soft Leaders (light grey & clear tip)
- 9lb tip / butt diameter 0.56mm / tip diameter 0.24mm / 9' / no loops
- 7.4lb tip / butt diameter 0.56mm / tip diameter 0.22mm / 9' / no loops
- 5.6lb tip / butt diameter 0.53mm / tip diameter 0.20mm / 9' / no loops
- 4.8lb tip / butt diameter 0.53mm / tip diameter 0.17mm / 9' / no loops
- 3.7lb tip / butt diameter 0.53mm / tip diameter 0.15mm / 9' / no loops
- 2.6lb tip / butt diameter 0.43mm / tip diameter 0.12mm / 9' / no loops
1 leader per pack. 9' 2 tone, anti coil, anti shine leaders designed to deliver your fly perfectly straight.
Typically, tapered leaders are extruded using the factories existing tapers. This creates a leader that has an absurdly thick butt section with very little taper. Then, it drops like a stone to a very wispy, thin tip section. The result is an unbalanced tapered leader. They tend to coil badly and lay like a spring. Also, most tapered leaders are very shiny, transmitting light along their length like fluorescent tubes.
We redesigned the machines that extrude our leaders. It meant our tolerances were much tighter. Then we designed a taper using the same triangle taper principles we use in our fly lines. We fixed the imbalance of thick butt section and thin tippet. This creates the perfect turnover. Then we added a microsphere silica to the surface which created a super soft, dull surface. Finally, we made the 5' butt section a very delicate subtle grey colour to stop light reflecting off the thickest part. The last 4' tip section is left transparent creating the very best situation for attaching either your fly or tippet to the end.
Finally, a truly thought out tapered leader for fly fishing.
- Extra limp, dull colour, dead straight leaders
- No more coily, spring like, shiny thick fish scaring leaders!
- Use nail knots for attaching to non looped fly lines
- Use water knots to attach tippet
What it's for
- Using alone or combined with Hybrid or Fluorocarbon tippet
- Dries and nymphs
- Presenting the fly straight
- Preventing light reflecting off the leader